Wireless User Guide
- New Customers
My Wireless Device
Voicemail or MiniMail
To set up your Voicemail visit: Set up Voicemail or MiniMail Service from Your Cell Phone.
To understand the difference between SMS, MMS and ensure you are sending a text message in the right format, visit Text Messaging Instructions.
Do more with your phone by choosing the Add-ons you need for your Bell MTS Wireless plan.
To better understand how data is used in your plan, check out our Wireless Data Usage Calculator.
Bell MTS Wi-Fi
Bell MTS High Speed Internet and Wireless customers can enjoy free access to Wi-Fi Hotspots in Manitoba! Use the Wi-Fi Hotspot Locator to find a location.
Coverage & Roaming
For information about coverage when travelling in Manitoba, in Canada, in the U.S., and internationally, visit Coverage & Roaming.
Wireless Protection Plan
Bell MTS offers protection plans for accidental damage, loss, theft, and malfunction of your device after the manufacturer warranty expires. For more information visit: Wireless Protection Program.
My Trade-In Program
When you're ready for your next smartphone, trade-in your old wireless device for an in-store credit towards a new one! Details at My Trade-In Program.
My Wireless Bill
My First Bill
For information about your first bill, go to How to Read My Bill.
Access and make changes to your Bell MTS services easily online! Visit MyAccount.
My Wireless Service & Support
Wireless Online Support
For information on frequently asked questions and support. Visit Wireless.
Contact our friendly Manitoba customer services representatives if you have any questions about your Bell MTS services. Call 204 225-5687.
Twitter Tech Support
Follow Bell MTS on Twitter for tech support and responses to all inquiries.
- Where does my new phone work?
Bell MTS offers wireless coverage to over 97% of the Manitoba population and provides great coverage where you travel:
Before you travel, check out our International roaming rates.
- How do I set up and use my voicemail?
Set up your voicemail: Dial *99 from your cell phone and follow the instructions. For more information visit Wireless Voicemail Instructions.
Check your voicemail: Dial your own phone number from your cell phone and enter your password, then press 1 to review your messages. For more information visit Wireless Voicemail Instructions.
- What will my first bill look like?
When you first sign up for wireless service you will see two monthly charges:
- A charge covering the period from your first day with wireless service to the end of your current bill cycle.
- Plus a regular full month of charges in advance.
Visit How to Read My Bill for more information.
- What is a SIM card?
A SIM card is a small card that is inserted into your wireless phone to allow it to work on the 4G HSPA or 4G LTE wireless networks.
Visit Sim Cards for more information.
- How do I set up MyAccount for online billing?
View and pay your bills, change your mailing address and more by signing up for MyAccount.
- Bundle & Save
Have you signed up for your MyBundle savings?
- Usage Notifications
- The plan you selected will have different amounts of voice minutes & Data usage. Odds are that you have activated or made a change in between your billing dates (billing cycle). As such you will get charged a portion of the components of your plan for the remainder of this period covering you until your next full billing cycle.
- To assist you in managing your Data use, you will receive notifications (via text message free of charge) when you have used all of your Data included in your plan. With the first bill after activating new service or making a change to existing service, you will receive these notifications based on the portion of the Data for the remainder of the current billing cycle.
- For the next full billing cycle after activation or change, you will get the full allotment of Data usage and your notifications will be based on 100% of the Data allotments in your plan.
Example: A customer assigned to the 1st bill cycle (Billing occurs on the 1st of every month) signing up on the 16th of the month for the Talk & Surf 2GB Plan which provides 1,000 Minutes, 2GB of Data in Manitoba and 400MB of data in Canada.
1st Bill Period Allotment of Data
- The customer will not get the full amount of data in the plan. They will get a portion dependent on the number of days remaining until the next bill cycle. In this example, they will get:
- ½ of the 1,000 Weekday Minutes until the next full billing cycle beginning on the 1st of the next month;
- ½ of the 2GB of Data in Manitoba until the next full billing cycle beginning on the 1st of the next month; and
- ½ of the 400MB of Data outside of Manitoba, within Canada, until the next full billing cycle beginning on the 1st of the next month
1st Bill Period Data Notifications
- The customer will get notifications via a text message advising them:
- When they have used 100% of the Manitoba Data included in their plan. In this example the customer would get this message after they have used a 1GB of Data as this represents 100% of the portion for the remainder of the first billing cycle.
- When they have used 100% of the Canadian Data included in their plan. In this example the customer would get this message after they have used 200MBs of Data as this represents 100% of the portion for the remainder of the first billing cycle.