Wireless Protection Plan
Insurance and Service Contract documents
View a printable copy of the Wireless Protection Insurance Policy
- Program options
The Complete Program offers total protection against accidental damage, loss, theft and malfunction after the manufacturer’s original warranty expires. It’s a combination of both the Enhanced Program and Extended Warranty Program below.
The Enhanced Program protects against accidental damage, loss and theft.
The Extended Warranty extends your manufacturer’s warranty after your warranty expires to protect against phone malfunction.
- Program pricing
Program pricing Outright Retail
$10.00 $10.00 $10.00 $12.00 $12.00 Enhanced Program
$8.00 $8.00 $8.00 $10.00 $10.00 Extended Warranty
Monthly Program Fee
$6.00 $6.00 $6.00 $6.00 $6.00 Deductible Per Claim $30.00 $100.00 $145.00 $175.00 $200.00
- How to file a claim
Call Bell MTS Customer Care
In the case your device was lost or stolen, complete the Lost, Stolen or Found Cell Phone or Pager Report or call 204 225-5687 to suspend your service and prevent the unauthorized use of your account. A police report may be required if a theft has occurred.
In the case of accidental damage, loss, theft or malfunction, Asurion will provide simple and fast help. Just call Asurion's Device Customer Care centre at 1 866 213-2143. Claims must be made within 30 days of the incident and proof of loss and/or ownership must be provided upon request. Only the account holder or authorized party may file a claim.
Claims may be filed 7 days a week
- Monday to Sunday: 5 a.m. – 11 p.m. CST
When filing a claim, please have the following information ready:
- The wireless phone number
- The account holder's billing address
- Wireless device model and unique serial number (also called an ESN, IMEI, or MEID)
- Date, time, location and detailed description of the incident
Pay deductible and receive replacement device
The deductible must be paid before you receive your replacement device. If your claim is approved, a replacement device will be shipped to you. A deductible will be collected by Asurion based on the make and model of the device, a minimum of $30 or maximum of $200.
When you receive your replacement device, please visit a Bell MTS store for assistance with activating your replacement device. It is important that you keep the receipt, original box, manual and all packaging materials for warranty purposes.
- Activation instructions for when you receive your replacement device
Visit your nearest Bell MTS store to activate your device
- This will ensure that your device is activated properly and is in our records for future claims or technical support, so we can serve you better.
- If your current SIM card is damaged, lost or stolen and a new SIM card did not come with your replacement device, please call Asurion at 1 866 213-2143. Please note that you will need a SIM card before you can activate your replacement device.
Return your damaged device
- Place device in the return envelope provided.
- Attach the included prepaid label.
- Drop the sealed envelope into any Canada Post mailbox.
iPhone users: Before you return your damaged device, please disable the “Find My iPhone” app or remove it from your iTunes account before shipping to avoid a fee of up to $300.
Note this important information
- Return your damaged device within 30 days to avoid up to $300 in equipment and processing fees.
- If you paid your deductible with a credit card, please note that 'Asurion Canada Inc.' will appear as the payee on your next statement.
- Your replacement device comes with a 90-day warranty. If your replacement malfunctions during this time period, please call Asurion.
- Please keep the replacement receipt, original box, manual and all packaging materials that came with your replacement device. In the event that you experience problems with your replacement device, you’ll need these items for a possible exchange.