Huawei E397 Internet Stick
- Huawei E397 Internet Stick User Guide - ENGLISH (PDF, 273 KB)
Congratulations! You are one step closer to loving your new device.
Now you just need to follow these easy steps:
- Call 1-800-806-5819 from any phone, and have a pen and paper ready.
- Bell MTS Customer Care will give you your new phone number and set up your account.
- Follow these steps to set up your new Huawei Ascend E397 Internet Stick.
- These instructions only apply to the first time you set up your device.
- Perform steps in the order given.
Insert SIM Card
With the purchase of this device your receive a 2FF SIM card. To properly activate your device you need to first insert your 2FF SIM card.
- Slide front cover off by sliding it towards the USB connector.
- Insert SIM card into SIM card slot.
- Metal contacts on the card face the metal contacts inside the device.
- The cut corner on the SIM card goes in last.
- Slide the front cover back onto the USB stick until it clicks into place.
Your SIM Card is inserted.
Connect Device and Install Software
- Turn on computer and close all open applications.
- Plug the USB connector on your Huawei E397 Internet Stick directly into a USB port on your computer.
- Do not use a USB hub.
The computer automatically detects the new hardware and opens the installation wizard.
- Follow the installation wizard on-screen instructions. If the installation wizard does not automatically open navigate to:
- My Computer > Mobile Partner > Internet Stick > Setup.exe
- Double-click the Shortcut icon on your desktop to launch Internet Stick Connection Manager.
- Click Connect when you see Bell MTS beside the signal strength bars.
If your phone doesn't work after all these steps are done, please call us at 1-800-806-5819 for help.