Unlock Your Bell MTS Mobile Device for Use with Other Carriers
What is unlocking and how much does it cost?
- Unlocking a device removes the carrier specific settings on your device so you can use it on another carrier network.
- There is no cost associated with unlocking a device.
- Your devices standard manufacturer warranty and wireless contract are not affected by this process.
Who is eligible to unlock?
- Current Bell MTS customers who’s account is in good standing and has no outstanding balance.
- Former Bell MTS customers who’s inactive account is in good standing and has no outstanding balance.
- Devices not listed as lost or stolen.
How do I unlock my device?
- If you purchased your device after December 1, 2017, your device will already be unlocked.
- If you purchased your device prior to December 1, 2017, it may be locked. To request an unlock, log in to MyAccount to Request a Mobile Device Unlock Code. It's personalized for your device and simple to submit. You will be contacted within 3 business days of your submission.
- If you are a Business customer, please complete this Bell MTS Mobile Device Unlock Request form.
- When you arrive at your destination, you can connect to a local carrier by either purchasing a local SIM card or reprogramming your device, depending on hardware and network compatibility.
While using a non-Bell MTS SIM card, your device may not function as expected. Contact the local Wireless provider for information or troubleshooting.