Resolve Recording Conflicts
- Resolve Conflicts for a Series Recording
When episodes of a series conflict with previously scheduled recordings,the Recording Conflict screen enables you to choose how to resolve the conflict.
To record all episodes of the series and cancel recordings that conflict:
Highlight Record all episodes of series conflict: Series Name, and press OK.
The recordings of episodes for this particular series will be recorded instead of any previously scheduled recordings that were conflicting. A conflict icon (a crossed-out red dot) appears in the Guide by each program that will not be recorded.
To record only those episodes that do not conflict with previously scheduled recordings:
Highlight Record this series only when no conflict occurs, and press OK.
Episodes that conflict with previously scheduled recordings are not recorded. The previously scheduled recordings occur as planned.
To manually choose which episodes will record.
- Highlight Choose which shows to record, and press OK. You will see a list of all the conflicting episodes of the new series.
- To record one of the conflicting episodes, highlight the program you want to record, and press OK. The Program Info Screen will appear with information on that program.
- Highlight Resolve Conflict, and press OK. The Recording Conflict screen appears, listing the conflicting recordings.
- Highlight the program you want to record, and press OK. The program or programs scheduled to be recorded will be marked with a red dot. When you select one program to record, the program(s) beneath it will have their red dot(s) removed.
- Highlight Save Changes, and press OK. A Series Recording Scheduled message appears briefly on your screen.
- Resolve Conflicts for a Single Recording
When you try to record a program that conflicts with another program that is already scheduled to record at that time, a Recording Conflict Screen alerts you to the problem.
- To cancel recording the program that caused the conflict, highlight Don't Record (Program Name), and press OK. Highlight Cancel Recording, and press OK.
Or, highlight Don't Cancel and press OK if you do not want to cancel the recording.
- To resolve the conflict by changing which programs will be recorded, highlight Resolve Conflict, and press OK.
- Highlight the program you do not want to record, and press OK. If there are more than three conflicting programs, select Advanced Conflict Management to see all scheduled recordings.
- When using Advanced Conflict Management, the program or programs scheduled to be recorded will be marked with a red dot. When you select one program to record, the program or programs beneath it will have their red dots removed.
- To save your settings, highlight Save Changes, and press OK.
After you resolve the conflict, a conflict icon (the crossed-out red dot) appears in the Guide by each overridden program. This notifies that the program had been scheduled, but will not be recorded. If the conflict was resolved (for example, because the conflicting show is cancelled or moved), the program with the solid red dot will be recorded.