Cancel, Stop or Erase Recordings
- Cancel Scheduled Recordings
The easiest way to cancel a single or series recording is by using the Guide. Individually scheduled recordings are marked by a red dot, and series recordings are marked by three overlapping dots.
- Press GUIDE on your remote control.
- Use the arrow buttons or CH/PG to highlight the program that you want to cancel recording.
- If the program is an individually scheduled recording (shown by a single red dot), press RECORD twice. The first press changes the program to a series recording (three overlapping dots), and the second press cancels the recording (the dots disappear). A "Recording Cancelled" message appears on the screen.
- If the program is a series recording (three overlapping dots), press RECORD once. This cancels the entire series recording, and the dots disappear from the Guide. A "Recording Cancelled" message appears on the screen.
- Erase an Existing Recording
A program you record remains in your Recorded TV library until you erase it or until the set-top box erases old recordings to make space for new recordings (which you can determine for yourself. You can erase a recorded program manually to make room for new recordings.
- Press RECORDED TV on your remote control.
- Highlight the recorded program that you want to erase, and press OK. The Program Info Screen appears.
- Highlight Erase, and press OK. A confirmation message appears.
- Highlight Erase again, and press OK. This erases the program permanently. You cannot recall it. You can also select Don't Erase to avoid erasing the program.
- Stop Recording the Program You Are Watching
- Press STOP on your remote control while watching a live TV program. A message appears that enables you to stop or continue recording.
- Highlight Stop Recording, and press OK. The message Recording Stopped appears. Or, highlight Keep Recording, and press OK.
- Stop a Recorded Program While Watching The Program
You can stop a recording at any time by pressing the STOP button on your remote control. A message appears that enables you to stop or continue recording. Highlight one of the following options, and press OK.