Set Up Your Wireless Set Top Box
There are two pieces of equipment that you will need to install.
- Video Access Point
First, the Video Access Point (VAP) must be connected to your existing Residential Gateway (RG).
Connect the VAP to one of the four yellow Ethernet ports on the back of the RG with the Ethernet cable provided.
Ensure that the VAP is installed standing upright. If needed, obtain a wall mount from a Bell MTS store. Once connected, switch the power on using the switch on the rear of the device.
Front and Back Panel Details are available on the device support pages:
- Wireless Set Top Box
- The Wireless Set Top box (STB) must be installed flat or performance may be impaired.
- Do not block any slots/openings or place anything on top of the STB.
- If used outdoors STB must be protected from moisture, temperature extremes and prolonged exposure to sunlight.
Next you will install the Wireless Set Top box (STB) at your TV location.
- Plug the power adaptor into the AC power wall outlet and the power cord into the back of the STB.
- Connect the STB to the TV using the appropriate HDMI, Component or Composite Cable connectors. Press the power button on the front of the device to turn it on. The STB front LED lights will flash briefly and then go out.
- Turn on the TV.
- 3 dots will be displayed on the TV screen for 1-2 minutes. Wait while the STB connects. You will see a prompt on the screen that says "Connect?" & "Ok". Do not press OK yet.
- Return to the VAP, press and hold the WPS button on the front panel for 2 seconds. The WPS LED will now flash green for the next 2 minutes.
- Within 2 minutes (while lights on VAP are flashing green), go back to the STB and press and hold the OK button on the front of the STB for 2 seconds.
- The STB will then connect to the network.
When the connection is complete the "Signal Quality" display on the front of the STB will turn light green and display between 1 to 5 bars to indicate signal strength.
The STB will now begin to download software which may take a few minutes. Once complete, you should see TV programming begin to play on the TV. If you get a "Press OK to Unlock" message, wait 2 minutes. This will allow the Guide information to download and will remove the Unlock message.
You will need to set all custom settings on the new Wireless STB (parental locks, PIN, Screen Aspect Ratio, Favourites, etc…)
Front and Back Panel details are available on the Arris VIP2502 Reference Guide.