Replace the Battery of Your UPS-1215
- Leave the UPS plugged in. (If you unplug the UPS, you will disconnect the Bell MTS services in your home.)
- Grasp the right side of the unit with your index finger over the clasp of the UPS door.
- Push the clasp downwards.
- Pull door open/away from the unit to reveal the battery.
- Place your index finger on the top of the battery and your thumb under the UPS unit.
- Slide the battery out of the unit.
- Once battery is out of its position, remove the two leads from the two battery terminals.
For instructions on how to obtain a new battery, please see Getting a New Battery.
- Remove any packaging from your new battery.
- Connect the leads from UPS to their corresponding terminal on the new battery.
- The lead with the extra red plastic covering corresponds to the red terminal.
- The other lead corresponds to the black terminal.
- Slide the new battery back into its position in the UPS. (The leads/terminal should be at the top of the battery, in order for the battery to fit properly back into its position).
- Once your new battery is in place, replace the door on the UPS by inserting the bottom hinges first and then pressing the top clasp down and inwards to secure the door closed.