Why don't I have a dial tone?
If you are not hearing a dial tone on one or more of your phones, please try the following:
- Check the phone cords to ensure that they are securely plugged into phone jacks.
- If there are any splitters between the telephone and the jack, try removing the splitter and plugging the phone cord directly into the jack.
- Unplug all of your telephones and any other equipment that is plugged into a telephone jack (e.g. computers, fax machines, answering machines, etc.).
- Try plugging a different telephone into each of the jacks one at a time. Unplug the telephone once you have tested it.
- If you hear a dial tone the problem is likely with one of your unplugged pieces of equipment.
- If you are not able to hear a dial tone on any of your telephone sets and have access to another phone, Contact Us or submit a repair request.
Please give us as much detail as possible about the nature of your problem so that we can find a solution more quickly.