Long distance use FAQs
- What is included/not included in Bell MTS' Unlimited Long Distance plans?
- Included: Direct-dialed residential voice calls in Canada and to the U.S.
- Not Included: Chat or party lines, long distance calls made using 3-Way Calling, or multi-party conference calls may be restricted.
- Are all types of calling included in unlimited long distance calling?
No. Unlimited long distance calling includes direct-dialed voice calls only. It does not include Calling Card, Internet, or data long distance minutes.
- What are "direct-dialed" long distance calls?
Direct-dialed long distance calls are long distance calls you make without operator assistance.
- Unlimited long distance includes calling to which countries?
Unlimited long distance includes calls in Canada and to the U.S. For rates to other International countries, please visit Long Distance International Rates.
- When can I make calls that are considered unlimited?
Please refer to your plan for specific details about times for eligible unlimited long distance calling.
- What could be considered excessive long distance calling?
Calls that are not for residential purposes could be considered excessive. Chat or party lines, long distance calls made using 3-Way Calling or multi-party conference calls may be considered excessive.
- What could happen if I use the unlimited long distance calling excessively?
Bell MTS may immediately suspend, restrict, alter, or terminate all or part of any service provided to a customer or take other necessary protective measures, if it determines that a customer is using long distance excessively.