How to use 3-way calling
To connect a 3-way call:
- Press the button on the phone that says Link, Flash, or use the receiver button (located on the phone base; the handset uses this to hang up) to put the person you called on hold. Listen for three short beeps followed by the regular dial tone.
If you subscribe to 3-way calling on a monthly basis, proceed to step 3.
If your phone number begins with one of the following numbers, proceed to step 3.
242, 246, 278, 319, 320, 321, 322, 324, 325, 326, 327, 331, 344, 346, 349, 355, 375, 377, 383, 388, 422, 423, 424, 425, 426, 429, 434, 437, 646, 739, 745, 762, 822, 829, 876, 878, 886
- Press *71 and listen for three short beeps again followed by the regular dial tone, this opens the second line.
- Dial the phone number of the second person that you wish to join the call. When that person answers, press the Link, Flash, or receiver button again to connect all three parties.
- If the third person does not answer, or if their line is busy, press the Link, Flash, or receiver button once to return to the original 2-way call that is on hold.
To disconnect a 3-Way call:
Press the Link, Flash, or receiver button once, to disconnect the third person and go back to the original caller. Press the Link, Flash, or receiver button once again to disconnect from the second person.
- Ensure all phones are properly hung up.
- Make sure that call waiting is not in use by any of the three parties while trying to do a 3-way call.
- If the originator of the call disconnects, the other two parties cannot continue.