Support for Wireless Home Internet
- What is Wireless Home Internet?
Wireless Home Internet service from Bell brings Internet connectivity to a select number of rural communities in Ontario, Québec, Manitoba and Atlantic provinces through our wireless network (cell towers).
Once you subscribe to Wireless Home Internet, our technician will install a small antenna outside your home that will connect to the wireless network. We will also install a Home Hub 2000 modem inside your home so that you can enjoy the best Wi-Fi technology.
The service provides two download speeds – up to 50Mbps and upload speeds of up to 10 Mbps and download speeds of up to 25 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 5 Mbps. The actual speed you experience will vary depending on a number of factors:
- Trees and other obstacles inside and outside your home
- Equipment installed in your home (for example, the processing power of your computer may impact your upload and download speeds)
- Number of devices in your home that are connected to the Internet
- Age and configuration of devices connected to the Internet
Before you contact us for technical support, please follow these two steps, which may resolve many issues:
- Reboot your Power over Ethernet (PoE) adapter by unplugging the power cable, waiting 10 seconds, then plugging the power cable back in.
- Wait one minute, and then restart your Home Hub modem by unplugging the power cable, waiting 10 seconds, then plugging the power cable back in.
For technical support and account inquiries, please contact us. You can also use the contact number provided when you ordered your service.
please have the mobile number assigned to your Wireless Home Internet Service handy when you call.
Is Bell Wireless Home Internet mobile?
No, the service is not mobile nor portable, and you cannot move it to a different location than where it is installed.
If I move, can I take the Bell Wireless Home Internet service with me?
Yes. Please contact us to find out if your new address qualifies for service. Please have the wireless phone number of your current Wireless Home Internet service available when you call.
Is Wi-Fi included with Bell Wireless Home Internet service?
Yes, each installation includes the Home Hub 2000 home Wi-Fi modem.
Do you offer static IP addresses with Wireless Home Internet?
No, we don’t offer static IP addresses with our Wireless Home Internet service.
For technical support, contact 1 866 301-1942.