Windows Mail - Vista
- Open Windows Mail.
- Click on the Tools menu and select Accounts.
- Click the Add button to open the setup wizard.
- Leave E-mail Account highlighted and click the Next button to continue.
- Enter the name to be displayed on your outgoing emails and click Next.
- Enter your Bell MTS email address or alias (e.g. @mymts.net, @mts.net, @mtsmail.ca) to be displayed on your outgoing emails and click Next.
- Incoming e-mail server type: IMAP
- Incoming mail (POP3 or IMAP) server: mail.mymts.net
- Outgoing e-mail server (SMTP) name: mail.mymts.net
- Make sure that the Outgoing server requires authentication box is checked.
- Click the Next button to save the server settings.
- E-mail username: Your @mymts.net email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password: Your email password.
- Click the Next button to continue.
- Make sure that the Do not download my e-mail and folders at this time box is checked and click Finish.
- Make sure that the new mail account is highlighted (mail.mymts.net (default)) and click the Properties button.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Make sure that both boxes labelled This server requires a secure connection (SSL) options are checked.
- Outgoing mail (SMTP): 587
- Incoming mail (IMAP): 993
- Click the OK button to save the changes.
- Click the Close button to return to the main screen.
If Windows Mail asks if you want to download the mail folders, click the Yes button. You may be asked which folders to show or hide. If this window appears, click the OK button.
Windows Mail will now download your email.