Open Outlook 2010 and click the File tab.
Click on the Add Account button to start the setup wizard.
Make sure that the Manually configure server settings or additional server types box is checked. Click Next to continue.
Make sure that Internet E-mail is selected and click the Next button.
- Your Name: Name to be displayed on your outgoing emails.
- Email address: Your Bell MTS email address or alias (e.g. @mymts.net, @mts.net, @mtsmail.ca) to be displayed on your outgoing emails.
- Account Type: IMAP.
- Incoming (IMAP) email server: mail.mymts.net
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server: mail.mymts.net
- Username: Your @mymts.net email address (e.g. email@example.com).
- Password: Your email password.
Click the More Settings button to update advanced settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab and make sure the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box is checked.
Click the Advanced tab and enter:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL.
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: TLS.
- Click the OK button to save the changes.
- Click the Next button to save and test the account settings.
- You will receive a Congratulations message if the tests have completed successfully. Click the Close button after the tests complete.
Click the Finish button to exit the wizard.
Outlook 2010 will now download your emails.