Open Outlook 2007, click on the Tools menu and select Account Settings.
- Click the New button to start the setup wizard.
- Make sure that the Manually configure server settings or additional server types box is checked and click Next to continue.
- Select Internet E-mail and click the Next button.
- Your Name: Name to be displayed on your outgoing emails.
- Email address: Your Bell MTS email address or alias (e.g. @mymts.net, @mts.net, @mtsmail.ca) to be displayed on your outgoing emails.
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming (IMAP) email server: mail.mymts.net
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server: mail.mymts.net
- Username: Your @mymts.net email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password: Your email password.
Click the More Settings button to update advanced settings.
Click the Outgoing Server tab and make sure that the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box is checked.
Click the Advanced tab and enter:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: TLS
- Click the OK button to save the changes.
- Click the Next button to save the account settings.
- Click the Finish button to complete the wizard.
Click the Close button to exit the Account Settings screen.
Outlook 2007 will now download your emails.